The Sunday Scoop - 9/7/14

I'm linking up for Teaching Trio's brand-spankin-new linky party... the Sunday Scoop!

Here's a quick peek at what I have going on this week...

I LOVE teaching math with mostly flipped lessons, but since I started flipping mid-year last year, I don't have any videos made for these early chapters. I was supposed to do them over the summer, but we all know how that goes! I HAVE to make 2-3 videos for this week of lessons ASAP! I HOPE to make some extras so I can get ahead of the game and not feel rushed!

Every year, I swear I am going to stay on top of the paper-grading from the beginning and not fall behind. And every year, by this time, I'm already way behind on my pile of grading. It's a vicious cycle I can't seem to get out of! Anyone have any good tricks to stay on top of it?

The other thing that always seems to fall behind at the beginning of the school year is my poor house. There just aren't enough hours in the day for everything... Teaching, planning, blogging, creating, cooking, laundry... Somehow the cleaning is always what gets pushed to the back burner for the first month of school!

I am already working on my third flip book - Emergency Procedures at a glance - and I HOPE to have it uploaded by the end of this week... maybe even the middle! Make sure you're an Instagram follower, because that's where I tend to post flash freebies when I upload something new! I'm @chalkandapples :)

I am so HAPPY that my church's small groups have started back! We met our new small group last Tuesday, and I am ready to get to know everyone better and dive into our study of Proverbs this week! After taking the summer off, I am ready to be back to it!

So, what's up in your life this week? Give us the Scoop at Teaching Trio!

2 comments

  1. You are not alone on your grading issues. I too always vow to stay ahead, and I too am behind at the end of week one. I will blame it on being 90+ in my room, so I couldn't function during my prep.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Kovescence of the Mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can SO relate on the house work! At the beginning of the year it just never stays done it seems. I always joke with my husband that we need to get a maid for the months of July through September! lol

    ReplyDelete